New to me, at last ...

ChrisW

On 21/09/2022 at 14:02, ChrisW said:

This is a car that I have been interested in for years.

I've had the '75 2.7 Carrera, still have a '73 2.4S and for a time owned a 3.2 Jubilee ... plus a variety of 964 / 993 / 996 / 997 RS / GT3 / and Cayman  R / GT4 etc, not all at the same time !

I looked at the Red car ... but wasn't sure ... and am delighted now to have found a beautiful, well used but brilliantly stored and maintained White car ... what else could it possibly have been ?

It had been in "current" ownership for over 20 years ... the car about which Mike Wilds waxed lyrical ... and now mine.

I've only got a picture from when I picked it up because as with all my cars, it has gone in for a full service and a few other bits and bobs ... such as re-fitting the original steering wheel ... which I like.

IMG_9378a.jpg?width=undefined&height=und

Hi Chris,

What a wonderful purchase ! I was deliberating between a CS ( C5LWT -  I seem to recall ) and your old 964RS back in 2007. Well as you remember, I went for your RS. Analog, tactile, intoxicating and many more adjectives just don’t come close, which I’m sure will equally sum up your CS.

I sold LPO back in 2019. A CS is for sure, an itch that needs to be scratched at some point.

Very best wishes.

Nick. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 18:36, 964LWT said:

I was deliberating between a CS ( C5LWT -  I seem to recall ) and your old 964RS back in 2007.

C5 LWT is Alan C's car - think he has had that since before 2007. Maybe not.

C5 is a popular plate on Club Sports. C5 POR was Steve Darnell's car. Think that was on the market c.2007 and was an absolute peach. Darnell was the first bloke I ever met in PCGB and he was/is an absolute gem of a man. We did lots of events together in the year I was a PCGBer. Good times.

911 Steve Burger.jpg

• 1 month later...

Steve Darnell was a very enthusiastic CS owner and run the Club Sport Register for a number of years. I've owned C5 LWT since October 2000 and Porsche Club GB member over 35 years now. Don't use the car as often as I should but as a non undersealed car it tends to come out on Sundays and sunny days. Looking forward to taking it to the Classic LeMans this year though. Looks and goes great.

CS at Broolands.jpg

• Like 2