Removing paint from Fuchs

carlbon

So, if I use Nitromors/Mangers to strip the paint off, could someone please tell me what is the correct primer to use that wont mess up the anodised finish? e.g. will an etch primer damage the anodising?

Many thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An etch primer will dig a bit into the anodising and is probably what the factory used. I can't remember what I used, probably just what I had knocking around so most likely standard cellulose grey primer.

If you want the paint finish to last use an etch primer.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I came on to this forum to see if anyone had produced a lazy-blokes template so that you could just spray the painted part of the wheel and not the silver anodised outer ring. It looks like people just mask this off? I was thinking of a plastic ring type thing? I remember seeing something like this for painting the steel wheel on the likes of an MG Midget but then these had painted 'spokes' as well.

If you're painting the whole centre it really doesn't take that long to mask it off. Electricians tape is good for the leading edge as it flexes nicely around the curve.

It's a pain to mask up like below though, but I think they're dipped into a bucket of black up to the desired level.

Fuchs7x15_obw.jpg