Seat dye, polish rejuvenation

jamesmckenzie

Hello,

I've got light wear on the drivers entry bolster with the fabled white creases showing. I've seen somewhere a product that you can massage/polish a die(?) into the leather to bring the colour back again.

I have the dark blue interior colour with leatherette seat squabs.

Any help/recommendations greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

James

On 10/07/2020 at 22:13, Roy M said:

I've tried a lot of different coloured polishes, paints etc and found them all poor. Recently bought a kit from here  https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Applications?apid=2 which was mixed to my sample. Not used it yet but reviews are good.

I recently used the furniture clinic colouring balm to recolour a cream BMW interior that had faded badly and unevenly. I had best results by mixing ivory and cream to the correct shade and building coats up. The only issue I had was that until you fix the colour using a spray sealer, applying a new coat lifts the previous ones if you’re not very careful. The end result was very presentable. I wouldn’t use for a full recolour but to address localised areas it worked fine.

David

I used this product to refurb parts of my linen leather seats 10 years ago. They provide a dye and a filler for deep cracks..

it takes a few applications and patience but did a great job and still lasting well.

they used to advertise in Porsche Post and will supply specific Porsche leather colours

https://dynamixleathercare.wordpress.com/about/

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Merv said:

Cleaning and conditioning the leather is one process.  Using a dye is another.

The Gliptone Scuff Master does include dye, to go over/ buildup all the damaged and cracked areas.

They also do very good colour matched dyes by themselves for larger areas/jobs.

Mark