Ferodo DS pads NLA now?

Dr Rock

Online searches reveal no Ferodo DS2500/3000’s for SC/3.2’s. TBH I haven’t ‘phoned anyone up yet but does anyone know anything about this? 

Ferodo seem to have messed up their comparability listings.

I just got some rears after checking by the Ferodo part number, on their listings they were only for pre IB cars. 

Mark

Here is the link from eBay that I used. Cheaper than others, free postage and arrived next day.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferodo-Front-DS2500-Compound-Brake-Pad-Set-FCP2H/361195664874?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It says they are fronts for earlier cars, but they are what I have been using on the rears a(s previously supplied by Circuit Supplies). They do not have holes for the wear sensors.

Mark

Yup. same size pad from 1969 to 1989, just sensor cut out on 1984 on cars

• 4 months later...

Just want to re-check before I order a new set.  FCP11H is the right pad for the fronts on our cars isn't it?   FCP2H is to the rears, as per Marks link above?  My old boxes have those codes, yet ordering online says 'incompatible' for our cars. Looks like Ferrodo still haven't updated their parts catalogue.

PS, do we still recommend DOT 4 for occasional track use or DOT 5.1 ? Or is the latter for modern cars only with ABS etc?

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

PS, do we still recommend DOT 4 for occasional track use or DOT 5.1 ? Or is the latter for modern cars only with ABS etc?

Keep in mind that top of the line brake fluids such as Castrol SRF or Motul 600/660 are DOT 4 but have boiling temperatures well above the requirements of DOT 5.1.