Heated front screens?

Wingnonut

Can anyone advise who is selling these at the moment and where may be best?

Crack in my screen from a stone and rather than Autoglass taking chunks out of my windscreen frame like they did last time I thought I may as well do it myself as it was easy when I did it for my respray.  As such I thought I may as well go for the heated version.  £90 XS from ClassicLine and a feked bodywork vs £300 and an upgraded screen, £300 wins in my book.

I have an '89 car that had the 964 screen from factory so I assume the heated ones come in that size?

Cheers,

Richard.

good link, shame they don't offer a fitting service too. They would probably get a queue of 911 owners. interesting what they say about using correct sealant for waterproofing to prevent the elements corroding. Mine didn't have any sealant, just the normal pork rubber. Still works fine after 4-5yrs thankfully :)

38 minutes ago, Fuchs915 said:

I got mine from there too.  Good service but check the screen carefully before install as mine has some delamination.

With respect, how is that a good service if they sent you a faulty screen. Surely they should inspect before shipping? In my book that downright poor service.

To be clear is that has (as in now) or had (as in when it was delivered)?

If it is "had" then they will take it straight back as I understand from their website.  If it is "has" then if you don't use the sealer then that will happen and voids the warranty as mentioned above.

Frustratingly they don't do a 964 with a top tint like they do with the 911 and as er my current and original screen.  Only a 'green' screen.  Maybe I will give them a call to confirm.

I recently removed mine. It cracked from where the wires joined the screen on the drivers side.

I also had the supplied fuse holder melt. I replaced everything with a separate relay and fuse for each side of the screen, after which, it worked fine until the crack.

Will get around to fitting another one though. They're great for quickly demisting. Triggered it with the heated rear screen switch, second click.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

To be clear is that has (as in now) or had (as in when it was delivered)?

If it is "had" then they will take it straight back as I understand from their website.  If it is "has" then if you don't use the sealer then that will happen and voids the warranty as mentioned above.

Frustratingly they don't do a 964 with a top tint like they do with the 911 and as er my current and original screen.  Only a 'green' screen.  Maybe I will give them a call to confirm.

It is there now, couldn't say if it was there when it arrived but I didn't notice anything obvious when it turned up.

1 hour ago, hagarep said:

I recently removed mine. It cracked from where the wires joined the screen on the drivers side.

I also had the supplied fuse holder melt. I replaced everything with a separate relay and fuse for each side of the screen, after which, it worked fine until the crack.

Will get around to fitting another one though. They're great for quickly demisting. Triggered it with the heated rear screen switch, second click.

Mine has separate relay and fuse for each side, think that's wise considering the current involved. Not had any fuses or relays pop in 5yrs...thankfully. 

42 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Mine has separate relay and fuse for each side, think that's wise considering the current involved. Not had any fuses or relays pop in 5yrs...thankfully. 

Same here, 2 x 30 amp fused relays. Use the redundant front fog switch with a heated screen knob for easy reach. Also fitted a red LED on the RH top screen vent as a indicator when the screen is on.