Jump to content

hagarep

Gruppe IB
  • Content Count

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

49 Excellent

About hagarep

Find me at:

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • Location
    Rochester, Kent

Previous Fields

  • Current 911
    1976 Carrera 3.0
  • Daily Driver
    MB CLS350, Ford S-MAX 2.0T, Suzuki Jimny
  • Lottery Car
    1974 RHD 3.0 Carrera RS
  • Day Job?
    Consultant Automotive Engineer
  • Favourite Food
    Mexican
  • Drink?
    Vodka

Recent Profile Visitors

884 profile views
  1. I tried boiling water, oven on low and heat gun to soften them. I tried pressing the bush directly and pressing with a 9mm deep socket in the middle. Using a vice and a hydraulic press. I even added a bevelled edge to links. Eventually, I ended up with two rough and damaged bushes in the links, which I could not then fit to the rear trailing arms. I think it's a combination of slightly harder than original bushes from Matt and the links that I fabricated. I tried an old Porsche bush in the new links to test them and had no issue, but even though the dimensions match the original
  2. Hi I made the zinc plated parts on the right of the photo, to take a standard plastic bush and connect to an M10 rod end. You might be able to bolt the rod end to an SC roll bar?
  3. Absolutely fed up trying to get these bushes in to the link rods. They usually end up damaged. Decided to make new links that can clamp around them! Back to the anodisers again!
  4. It takes a lot of time with the equipment i have and i have just bought a motorbike project, so i am unlikely to make any more this year. Mind you I still need to make the front one yet. I worry my quality isn’t up to the standard of Elephant or Tarett! Thanks very much for the interest though. I will think about it.
  5. Hi guys Looking for recommended specialist in the South East for engine and gearbox rebuild on my C3. Reasonable timing and budget required. Kent, Essex, East Sussex or London? I am considering Carrera Performance. Any feedback on experiences with them would be greatly appreciated. Jason.
  6. Back from plating and ready to fit!
  7. Just wish I could touch the ground. Spares shown below, including Touratech Zega boxes, which are full of more parts!
  8. Just bought this from ebay, blind! Seriously under valued by the seller, it needs nothing except a good wash and polish, although I may paint the frame, forks and swingarm. It came with so many spares I needed a van to collect them.
  9. That's my new favourite video! So many shiny parts 😍
  10. Nice job Chris! You've made me remove my fan assembly to refurbish it now. And thanks for the heads up. Removed my distributor to get the strap out. Would I would like to know is how you refitted it all without scratching the fan housing? Jason.
  11. Julian handled mine without any issue. I believe the cable ones are done by Julian and the electronic ones are passed on to a friend.
  12. Had a recent change in employment resulting in a significant decrease in income. This means the engine rebuild is on hold for this year. Instead i will limit things to a few trips out to Goodwood and other events, whilst keeping the revs under control. However, as i am getting my rear ARB plated/anodised. I thought I would take the opportunity to brighten up a couple of parts in the engine bay that needed a new coat of zinc phosphate. I will also have the fan and hosing chromate dipped and fit an early style pulley I bought years ago. I have already separated the fan and look forward to t
  13. Scraped the first bar and arm, due to poor quality and fit. Improved quality with a digital level and adjustable stand for the long bar to ensure machine is parallel. Also re-levelled workbench, mill base, slide, vice and upright. Finally, increased the size of the square to aid machining the hole and bought a long 5mm slot drill. Just needed minimal use of a square file in the corners for the test bar to fit. Ready to redo the bar now. First trial fit of the complete bar. Not perfect but good enough for now. A light sandblasting and then off for plating.
  14. I bought a complete car LED kit from ClassicCarLED's, including warm white headlamp bulbs designed for H4 conversion. They do not scatter the beam and are not hugely bright and I'll admit I still need to get the aim checked. Fitted as part of my plan to reduce current flow in the old wiring. When I get them checked, I will try to get a pic of the beam pattern. https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/pair-of-warm-white-led-headlights-h4-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v-excellent-beam-pattern
  15. Scraped the first bar and arm, due to poor quality and fit. Improved quality with a digital level and adjustable stand for the long bar to ensure machine is parallel. Also re-levelled workbench, mill base, slide, vice and upright. Finally, increased the size of the square to aid machining the hole and bought a long 5mm slot drill. Just needed minimal use of a square file in the corners for the test bar to fit. Ready to redo the bar now.
×
×
  • Create New...