Wish it would stop raining....

Dr Rock

Bloody awful isn't it !   I foolishly forgot to check the weather yesterday as it was bright in the morning and spent two hours in miserable heavy rain and schools traffic in my Integrale in the afternoon :cry:

My double garage got flooded on Monday night, front to back!  have had to stack loads of kit outside and had a de-humidifier running 7 hours a day since!  Biblical...:blink:

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

My double garage got flooded on Monday night, front to back!  have had to stack loads of kit outside and had a de-humidifier running 7 hours a day since!  Biblical...:blink:

Nightmare! Why did it flood? Just localised drains failing or something more serious? 

just shear volume of water! I live ontop of the North downs and it not only rained all day but from 5pm-midnight it was full on monsoon downpour with no let up. Gutters and French drains couldn't cope. Unfortunately neither of us looked in there until morning so everything got soaked overnight in the standing water. :(

it was carnage locally, all the country lane banks got washed away, so roads are strewn with flint (not good for tyres!) and debris,  trees came down, lots of flooding  etc

Gets depressing when its day after day :cry: on the bright side the Delta was fun splashing through the flood waters :rally:

On 6/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, World Citizen said:

Don't think I want to buy a BMW now as they seem to be the only make of car I've seen broken down in this weather

Its the drivers not the cars.  The only close friend I know with a flooding/car write off story round my way was in a Disco 4 - and you would put that near the top of your list of flood proof cars.

35 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Its the drivers not the cars.  The only close friend I know with a flooding/car write off story round my way was in a Disco 4 - and you would put that near the top of your list of flood proof cars.

My Mk1 Golf GTi got flooded in a pub car park near Monmouth. I was 20 maybe. Sad day that.