Upgrade. Daily Boxster .2

Busybee

6 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

And I have a bridge to sell you.

I can highly recommend the PS4S.  The best all weather tyre I have ever used.

I do think you are right at a sweet spot already on PtoW though.  I get the serial modding bug (card carrying member myself), but do you really think you will gain much chasing minimal hp gains on the GTS?

I did read those figures and think yeah right. Marketing magic :) Which bridge? 😂

Glad you like the PS4S. Seem to be universally liked.

Yup, you're probably right there. That little rag top does pretty much everything well. Comfortable, quick, look stunning I think. And the noise in sports plus with those headers is gorgeous. Burble, burble.

2 hours ago, Beaky said:

Have a look at Ehresmann Automotive GmbH on FB, they seem to have a few good upgrade options

Yup, I've seen them Xris. Very expensive but very good I bet 

2 hours ago, Busybee said:

Yup, I've seen them Xris. Very expensive but very good I bet 

you pays your money you make your choice:P

My Cayman R has pretty much that hardware upgrade Haith and I have a dyno report for 340bhp over the stock 330 of a CR. 

the intake makes a really nice noise which does make it feel more “special” but I doubt you could notice the difference in performance. 

31 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

My Cayman R has pretty much that hardware upgrade Haith and I have a dyno report for 340bhp over the stock 330 of a CR. 

the intake makes a really nice noise which does make it feel more “special” but I doubt you could notice the difference in performance. 

Thanks Rich. Guess it’s all a bit subjective. I like noise, I like drama. Probably don’t need any extra performance but it’s always nice. Do you find any difference in acceleration? With the bigger throttle body and plenum? 

Just now, Busybee said:

Do you find any difference in acceleration? With the bigger throttle body and plenum? 

Can’t say. It was on there when I got it. 911V didn’t mention the upgrade as they like to pitch cars like the CR as stock so a bit cheeky  but reading through the paperwork history when I got it home I found receipts for that and the GT3 master cylinder as well as a dyno print out. 

As such I thought all CRs went like stink and sounded great 😎

That said when I took it up to Center Gravity the first thing Pete said on the test drive as he pulled on to the dual carriageway  around Atherstone was “this isn’t standard is it?!”

1 minute ago, Wingnonut said:

Can’t say. It was on there when I got it. 911V didn’t mention the upgrade as they like to pitch cars like the CR as stock so a bit cheeky  but reading through the paperwork history when I got it home I found receipts for that and the GT3 master cylinder as well as a dyno print out. 

As such I thought all CRs went like stink and sounded great 😎

Nice bonus for folk like us Rich. Result! It must make some difference I’m sure. And compared to IB life, small potatoes if the gain is anywhere near what they claim. You’ll have to take me out in the R one day. Never ridden in one. Imagine it being like a cayman S but on steroids. 

2 hours ago, Busybee said:

True that. Come on Xris. I know you like fettling. What have you done to your Boxster? 

I purchased the Boxster for my son although he hardly using it and I steal it often!

So left it as standard except for the Carnewal exhaust which I had to do as the original was knacked

Silly question time, if you want more speed why not go the 997 S or GTS converible route

Ahh OK. So your son is the one that'll be putting turbo's in ;) 

I do like the 997's but to be honest, the 997 cab doesn't do it for me. I don't want back seats, would rather two boots and I think the 981 is just a beautiful car. Hollywood glam with a porker badge. If I can get more performance from it for not a great deal of cash, I'll be very happy. And mine is in Schwarz Black with a Carrera Red interior. Has all the driver goodies like PASM, Chrono, Torque Vectoring, full nav etc and I've upgraded the software so it plays spotify etc. Quite rare I believe. 

101677739_10222872975480701_2293614532947345408_o.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

bit muffled but gives you an idea of a CR's intake noise. Its quite addictive :)  its like a cup car 'howl' from inside the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhvuKIuTiic&t=84s

still love this vid of a CR chasing a 997gt3 at the Nürburgring. One of the reasons I bought it as the gt3 cant shake it and I couldn't afford a gt3 ! Worth watching just for the high speed lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3TQK4VNnmE

ps that 981 in black does look bloody good :)..how shiny?!

Edited by MarkJ

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

bit muffled but gives you an idea of a CR's intake noise. Its quite addictive :)  its like a cup car 'howl' from inside the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhvuKIuTiic&t=84s

still love this vid of a CR chasing a 997gt3 at the Nürburgring. One of the reasons I bought it as the gt3 cant shake it and I couldn't afford a gt3 ! Worth watching just for the high speed lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3TQK4VNnmE

ps that 981 in black does look bloody good :)..how shiny?!

Thanks Mark. Those CR vids are just awesome. Sent them to my mates and one said, the only thing missing in that is a happy ending! 😂😳

Thanks for the kind words on the 981. Yup, I'm addicted to polishing. Bit OCD to be fair. Every time I drive, I wash, polish, put the cover on! That one is ceramic coated by moi so it is truly stupendously shiny. And incredibly easy to keep clean. That was just a wash and dry after a 160 mile round trip caked in bugs. Bring the CR over and I'll ceramic her for you. Or the integrale or the lotus (are we there yet lol ) 

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

I know the CR comes up lovely when its properly cleaned, just not by me :lol:

IMG_1350.JPG

If I could get mine that shiny red I’d be very happy! Haith when can I come over?

Thought that was my car but no xenons!

3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

IMG_1350.JPG

That does look gorgeous Mark. Sure it looks amazing all the time. I’d not stop polishing it! 

33 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

If I could get mine that shiny red I’d be very happy! Haith when can I come over?

Thought that was my car but no xenons!

Come on over Rich. 3 days to wash, decontaminate, polish and ceramic a car 👌

6 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Come on over Rich. 3 days to wash, decontaminate, polish and ceramic a car 👌

I’ll come over. Leave the CR with you and take Daisy for a 3 day blatt 😋

21 hours ago, MarkJ said:

IMG_1350.JPG

That looks stunning Mark

👍

Edited by strosek34
Spelling