Turning over then cutting out

8 hours ago, Beaky said:

A silly question, I saw you said the HT leads are positioned correctly, but have you tested each one individually? 

Cheers we tested all of them. 

8 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

Coil arrived today, just waiting for them to fit it, 🤞 

Well, this afternoon after fitting of the new coil, I can confirm she started up first time, yes!!

Steady idle, strong engine note, drives lovely, I'm very happy again 😄 

• Like 1

Hi Roy yes it's brilliant 👏 

The coil is made in Brazil,  which as we know are not as good as the black ones made before. 

Does anyone know if the coils will still be made there or will bosch make the new ones elsewhere?

Jonny at ClassicRetrofit was getting some made.  Probably still early in the process but the first samples were hand wound and resin filled.  They’re never going to be cheap to manufacture but will surely be super reliable.

Looking at the insides of the mass produced cheap cr4p on sale currently, it’s no wonder they don’t last long. 

• 3 weeks later...

The saga has (unfortunately) continued today!!

I went to the jetwash to give the car a clean, after finishing up I went to start and the engine just turned over and over (very strongly) but would not start! GRRRRR!!

I made sure there was no water in the engine compartment and everything was dry. Eventually had to get the car loaded up and brought home, hours after this happened it still wont start.

In the last 4 or 5 weeks I've replaced the starter motor, the ignition coil and the spark plugs. It's driving (hah!) me mad now! Any ideas would be appreciated, I'm at my wits end now.

SS