Help me decide wheel colour

Supersport Mike

As most of you know that i have a 911 supersport, not the best in the world but its 4 wheels and it goes , the wheels are colour coded to car (white) a bit girley , do you think they would look better black. As there was a white supersport at Waddeson Manor with black wheels

Answers on a postcard please

Mike

If it were me I'd paint them black myself and see how it looks, if you don't like it you can always strip them and start again with a different colour. I did my centres silver/grey against my dark blue car it makes a difference, but you never can tell until you do it.

If you do it yourself and you don't like the look at worst it'll have cost you £20-30 in painty stuff and a few hours of your time.

If it were me I'd paint them black myself and see how it looks, if you don't like it you can always strip them and start again with a different colour. I did my centres silver/grey against my dark blue car it makes a difference, but you never can tell until you do it.

If you do it yourself and you don't like the look at worst it'll have cost you £20-30 in painty stuff and a few hours of your time.

Thats true

Do you use Promax for your servicing and repairs

Mike

Guest rich s

I'd definately do away with the white Mike.

That was the really girly thing about my car, but I resisted as it was all so authentic and precious, which was one reason it had to go!

I'd try straight black to kick off with.

Thats true

Do you use Promax for your servicing and repairs

Mike

Do as much of the repairs and servicing myself, its part of the ownership experience for me. I've farmed out some electrical jobs and exhaust stud repairs.

I've no experience of Promax.

It's completely a personal choice thing....I actually quite like the white look as well, but then I'm stuck in the 80's in any case. With the current 80's revival you might get even more approving nods (not that it really matters what other people think). Mine were original body coloured as well (Baltic Blue) but a long time ago before I got the car. I inherited the car with Gloss black centres, but have just changed them to Black Satin Gloss (i.e. almost matt) which I'm loving.

Black, totally black - not just the centres. I have always liked the black look (and thought about doing mine) and saw the totally black look on here somewhere just recently?

Photoshop is a great idea - maybe I can find a shot of mine.........

Edited by dickster

Mike, upload a decent sized side on shot and I'll sort out some photoshop mock-ups for you [when I get a second...]

Not wanting to hijack the thread but would you mind photoshopping this totally black? Much appreciated.

post-300-1211309371_thumb.jpg

Edited by dickster

Thanks for all your comments

Still not sure what to do

Here is a photo of when i first got it .........................any good ,since then i have fitted new centre caps in black

Mike

post-2187-1211314955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Supersport Mike