Birth of a Rally Car: Tech9 Ruf SCR

pht9

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant understand why it hasn't sold, its been for sale for ages , great spec and looks ,seems resonably priced compared to some overly priced standard original albeit low milers , I know what would provide more fun .

Given its FIA papered, I also find it a little puzzling, however, I think its too new or wouldn't get an entry for events like Tour Auto and Classic Le Mans, so it misses out on the events that attract trouser loads of cash. I think its too anonymous looking for many - ie., just looks like an SC, which is no bad thing in itself, but it lacks the visual pop of an RS/RSR/IROC evocation.

Its also overpriced if you use the old logic that hotrods sell for a fraction of the build cost (lets be honest, it is basically a hotrod). Even with a £50k engine it feels like the ask is around the build cost. If it looked like an SCRS with wide body and EB Motorsport bumpers, I think it would sell.

$0.02

Its also overpriced if you use the old logic that hotrods sell for a fraction of the build cost (lets be honest, it is basically a hotrod). Even with a £50k engine it feels like the ask is around the build cost

Said this at the time IIRC :twocents:

Edited by GaryH

Given its FIA papered, I also find it a little puzzling, however, I think its too new or wouldn't get an entry for events like Tour Auto and Classic Le Mans, so it misses out on the events that attract trouser loads of cash. I think its too anonymous looking for many - ie., just looks like an SC, which is no bad thing in itself, but it lacks the visual pop of an RS/RSR/IROC evocation.

Its also overpriced if you use the old logic that hotrods sell for a fraction of the build cost (lets be honest, it is basically a hotrod). Even with a £50k engine it feels like the ask is around the build cost. If it looked like an SCRS with wide body and EB Motorsport bumpers, I think it would sell.

$0.02

Yeh I think your probably right , not qualifying for certain events does make it limiting , I know someone looking for a car to run at goodwood revival , found a lovely looking 66 F1 Brabham BT 20 at not too much money ( still a lot ) but just too late/ modern to qualify hence lower value and not purchaced . Still asking prices are just that ,there to be haggled down if possible!

I am guessing if it was bought back to a mint scrs it would have been pretty valuable .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

$0.02

just to close this thread, the car is sold and has a new home in Germany

It took a while to sell, as I would not take offers for the car, and was of the opinion if it sold for asking price, it could go, if not then would stay

thanks for all the positive comments regarding the build, it was a great adventure