Silverstone Classic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm there camping Friday to Sunday too so will keep an eye out for you. Car will be on the PCGB stand (he whispers) so I won't be easily spotted on the camp site I am afraid.

Going with a mate with a 993 Targa and have managed to convince the SWMBOs to come with us. Not sure if that was such a good idea though ;)

Billy, I am not sure anyone will begging fast enough to have a crash. I reckon it will be like the M25 on a Friday evening!

I'm there camping Friday to Sunday too so will keep an eye out for you. Car will be on the PCGB stand (he whispers) so I won't be easily spotted on the camp site I am afraid.

Going with a mate with a 993 Targa and have managed to convince the SWMBOs to come with us. Not sure if that was such a good idea though ;)

Billy, I am not sure anyone will begging fast enough to have a crash. I reckon it will be like the M25 on a Friday evening!

you havent me my wife yet have you!!! cars in close proximity = high danger! :blink:

I'm going Sat and Sun, my car will be in the PCGB parking area. :angel-smiley-004:

I didn't even know they had one! Did you have to pre-reserve that Steve or can I just rock up and flash my membership card?

Mark as far as I know you had to pre book a ticket with a code to get on to the pcgb parking on any day and onto the parade lap on the sunday

Considering a weekend visit - which day is best to go?

Saturday IMO as on Sunday, teams strat packing up and leaving as their races finish. Friday is also good for mooching around as less people, although no racing, just practice and qualifying.

For best results, go on all three days.

I'm marshalling all three days and will hopefully have some time to wander about.

We are going for the full weekend staying in Silverstone village, parking the car on the pcgb site and then walking in & out each day so easy!

I'll be up there with my Hawk Stratos. This will be my fifth SSC with the Hawk. But, also the last as I'm selling her to buy a 964 Targa. So, I hope to spend a fair bit of my time snooping around you guys and asking inane questions in the Porsche field.

:D

Elliot, plenty of us will be there, PCGB reckon that there will be more than one thousand 911's on the track on sunday to celebrate 50 years of the 911.

Elliot, plenty of us will be there, PCGB reckon that there will be more than one thousand 911's on the track on sunday to celebrate 50 years of the 911.

Blimey. In recent years I've seen 500 e-types, last year 68 F40s. But 1000 911s. I can't wait to see that particular traffic jam. :D

The Stratos Enthusiasts Club have been asked to join in one of the weekend parades. So, I could well be at the back of the jam myself!