So what's the big deal with Fuchs?

Bankjobbob

2 hours ago, SP72 said:

7 & 9 x16, 205/55 and 225/50 - no issue with compliance 

sorry, no idea on running same tyres front and rear

One question, why not run 245/50 in the rear? Fitment issues?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, 786 said:

One question, why not run 245/50 in the rear? Fitment issues?

245/45/15 is the recommended size on 9x16 - they fit fine, but so do 225/50 which are also slightly cheaper.

i may try 205/55 and 245/45 on the next (imminent) set. 

7 hours ago, Phill said:

Sadly my Yoko's in 215/60/15 are now NLA.

Camskill does throw up some options. If it were me I'd go for the ContiPremiumContacts  but the Kumho Solus should do the job.

The Contis also come in 225/60/15 which equates to a 6mm bigger diameter.

The conties in 215/60 15’s are H rated so a no go. I’m looking for V rated or above to comply with my insurers. Only Pirelli, kumho and Dunlop are V rated and in the original 215/60 15 fitment on Camskill. S*d it, I’m going for the P6000’s 😂

5 hours ago, SP72 said:

245/45/15 is the recommended size on 9x16 - they fit fine, but so do 225/50 which are also slightly cheaper.

i may try 205/55 and 245/45 on the next (imminent) set. 

Would 55 front and 45 rear work? Seems like a significant difference front to back?

7 minutes ago, 786 said:

Would 55 front and 45 rear work? Seems like a significant difference front to back?

Assume so, was the standard Porsche fitment for widebody cars on 16"

I’ve done the deed and ordered Pirelli P6000’s. Should be here in the next day or so. Have them fitted by the weekend hopefully. If anyone wants to know what they’re like after a few hundred miles, let me know. New boots. Always exciting 

On 7/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, 786 said:

Thanks so much for the picture comparison, that helps a great deal. Seems like the chrome version enhances the differences whereas the black center looks less “off.” With the reps I was planning to do bare silver or a light gunmetal (car is guards red) but will need to look into further. The Braid’s look good in everything I’ve seen but they’re always wide widths in the pics so point well taken about looking at a narrower version.

Gotcha, thanks. In the grand scheme of things a 16” wheel is still fairly small by modern standards so it should be fairly compliant. 

We have the Euromeisters available here in 16x7 and 16x9. I will investigate this option further after seeing your pic which looked great I thought. Any more pics of your car?

Also, to throw another wrench into the discussion, what are everyone’s thoughts on Minilites? Or Watanabe’s if they’re available as they’re forged. This pic shows Minilites in 15x7 and 15x9. Tire size was listed as 205/50 and 225/50

Porsche-911-SC-Backdate-R-Gruppe.jpg

Where did you get your Minilites from?

I'd like a pair of 8x15's for the rear - or maybe 9's?????? (And what is the offset)

12 hours ago, Busybee said:

I’ve done the deed and ordered Pirelli P6000’s. Should be here in the next day or so. Have them fitted by the weekend hopefully. If anyone wants to know what they’re like after a few hundred miles, let me know. New boots. Always exciting 

Yes, please share your thoughts / experiences once you have them on.

1 hour ago, Stuarts said:

Where did you get your Minilites from?

I'd like a pair of 8x15's for the rear - or maybe 9's?????? (And what is the offset)

Don’t think that’s his car

I’d love to try 15” minilites at some point - the car above looks spot on, maybe slightly stretched on the rear.

I've just bought a set of 8x15 Minilites from Design911 in the standard Fuchs offset (for a rear 8 inch on a 911) of ET +11. I think may you be able to purchase direct from Minilites (or perhaps it was just as I live in a country with no dealer/distribution), however, if there is a special on at D911 then they'll end up cheaper there (??).

Mine are still on the way over the seas, however, I'll update when they're fitted.

• 1 month later...

Going back to the design of the 15” Maxilites, I found this picture that demonstrates the issue quite clearly. The car has genuine 15” Fuchs at the front (6x15” I think) and Maxilite 15” at the rear...

168025440.6b7n9lqA.DCEEADBA464D47D7BCDCB

6 hours ago, Busybee said:

Ohh that really shows the difference. Good photo. Have you fitted your P6000’s Teme? 

Waiting for the Group 4 Wheels to arrive. Will fit the P6000’s on those.

6 hours ago, Chris T said:

Teme, maybe, but they are painted differently....... rears have more exposed alloy, fronts have more painted area.

The difference is not due to how they are painted (or anodised). The rears have much more exposed alloy simply because the wheel center is much smaller on the Maxilites. Much smaller.

59 minutes ago, SP72 said:

That’s what make me think the cargraphic Fuchs are not maxlite:

https://www.cargraphicts.com/en/products/wheels/1-piece-designs/classic/15/

All the pictures for the various wheel sizes look the same. It appears they are using one generic stock photo for all the wheel sizes. 

Have you ever seen these wheels in the flesh? 

The difference is not due to how they are painted (or anodised). The rears have much more exposed alloy simply because the wheel center is much smaller on the Maxilites. Much smaller.

Really? I don't think so....