Replacing oil lines to stat

coxy

Removed my oil lines today, the ones under the rear arch, tank/engine to stat.

All went fine thanks to the info on here.

Any tips on replacing them? Where to go for new ones? OPC?

Congrats on a job well done....did you have to Dremmel the nuts? Personally I would go for Porsche items as I've found the plating to be very suspect on the aftermarket ones. I've also read of the flexy pipe parting company from the hard line and dumping all the oil on the road ! For peace of mind that is the way I'd go, maybe pricey but if you are not in a hurry, sometimes original new /old stock or spares lying in a garage come up on eBay. Maybe I'm just paranoid about oil as I change it frequently (plus filters) on the reasoning that it's cheap in comparison to what contaminated / molecular breakdown in lub oil can do. Same applies to all the oil lines, they are the arteries of the machine and should they fail........well!?

Regards,

David.

Forgot to mention that it's important to use some form of anti-seize lubricant on the threads during re-assembly, moly or Swak or similar.

Used the Dremmel came off really easy. Ive been trying to upload some pics from photobucket but cant get it to work. Any idea on price of line from OPC?

"Design 911 cheapest at the moment."
hassle
ˈhas(ə)l/
informal
noun
  1. 1.
    irritating inconvenience.

When they send you the wrong parts and you have to stay in waiting for the courier to a) deliver the wrong parts and then on another day b) come and collect said wrong parts.......

Edited by Dr Rock

Noted. Never dealt with Design 911.

As to the quality, has anyone used these OE parts? There must be plenty IBs out there using these?

For what it's worth, some years ago I bought an 'S' rubber pipe (tank to cooler) from Design911, after a few months the substance went out of it (there was more body in a condom)! I just refitted the original and binned the floppy one. Same with the hard lines, very corroded after a few months. I restate my original premise on the quality of the plating, prefer original manufacturer if possible. As a by-the-way, I recently saw a eccentric spring plate adjuster bolt (very rusty) and advertised for £24 on E-Bay! Richard at Porsche Hatfield charged my £36 for two new ones! Best to check with Porsche first, sometimes it swings both ways, or go with Tripe / Matt of Type911. To my mind, oil lines are crucial and I would council caution with economising in that area.

Regards,

David.

My pencil has been sharpened, our prices reduced and now lower than D9, thanks for bringing this to my attention guys!

Actually saw a sign in a small local shop only yesterday. " The sweetness of low price is soon forgotton in the bitterness of poor quality "

Or, the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten....

As mentioned earlier, Matthew must have sold plenty of these. Any one on here? Quality Vs opc supply? Where do they come from?

At the moment I'm going opc approx £300 for both.