IB Archives: the Old Guard

Northy

1 hour ago, Lesworth said:

Last one from me for a while. Again the splendid 2009 Le Mans Bugatti trip. More old chestnuts in this photo than I care to remember - I wonder if anyone can name them all? No points for guessing that the gurning fool in the white T-shirt is @longman

image0.jpeg.a97fef5f61297e88cd1860fb8c1c552b.jpeg

Will deffo need a bit of help, and some of these are likely wrong. So, from said gurning fool, anti-clockwise..

Longman, Heckschleuderer, Rex Senior, Rex, Lesworth, Jammo?, VT, Babs, Jevvy, RB, ?, ? Mr Perkles (standing) Higgoe, Marcus, Andy Young (standing), JG, Tripe. 

Correct away....

VT

2 minutes ago, GaryH said:

I think that's me behind Perkles? but hard to tell with the low-res 1997 digital camera quality :lol:

Could well be, Gary. 😀 At the far end looks like Northy, but I know he pulled out due to moving and wedding commitments, IIRC.

VT

5 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

Could well be, Gary. 😀 At the far end looks like Northy, but I know he pulled out due to moving and wedding commitments, IIRC.

VT

French Franck is standing in the blue t shirt

47 minutes ago, Fuchs915 said:

Snetterton August 2011 - think it might have been that year's Twinny's dad memorial day.

8F4891E0-F468-4A79-9EAA-D06E57D68280_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.c581f19f82cfbf50086fed3aae7ee614.jpeg

Great (S**T) pic :)

Edited by jevvy
  • Haha 1

Is red top Jevvy senior? Did he come up in the camper? I wasn't on this - was Ciara's communion I think. I was on the treize/trente bieres first one :D

5 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Correct - as is Gary H. Between me and Rex Senior is my mate Olive who was my passenger.

Definitely looks like Rex there :D

8 hours ago, johndglynn said:

A day at the PCGB races with @topcarrera doing his usual!! My SC Cab and @AirCooledExcellence 930 in the background. TC and I ended up in the stewards' office as part of a post-race showdown: things just kick off with TC in tow :D

I just get caught up with the wrong crowd!

P1010629.thumb.JPG.f3769588eb9973988478ff7d1984eb5c.JPG

• Haha 2

Silverstone March 2007 again and Gary doing his Steve McQueen look (except he forgot to put his T shirt on before his jumper)

P1010671.thumb.JPG.687b85a88f5bab3a3fb1f3b0c94cc570.JPG

2 hours ago, longman said:

Higgoe and Perkles , les gourmands.

DSC_0073.JPG

Higgoe is one of those people you simply cannot have a quick chat with - hour minimum. Those brummie tops still make me laugh :D

Still think that’s the West Mids Mafia - Perky, Marcus and Higgoe in the original group pic - they were always together. Gary had way more hair back then too and there’s Jevvy Senior. Mark Bevan with his back to camera in this shot.

VT

AEFB7B57-09A8-4DF9-BF57-3FB8884D17CD.jpeg

Higher-res pic for better forensic examination... 

post-933-0-52470400-1385579482.jpg

Back in the days of the fatty boom batty turbo tea tray spoiler ! 

CIMG0103.jpg

Edited by GaryH

Tea - actually out and about ! 

zy5ypa7y.jpg

Brummie karting. A ringer, I reckon. 

a8ytyte9.jpg

They used to call it the Boost Mobile, not because of the big ol' turbo but more for the seat Twinny-tub needed to drive it :lol:

asu6usy6.jpg

Edited by GaryH