Weds 28 Oct - Caffeine and Machines - Air-Cooled Appreciation Society Evening IB Meet Up

19 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Not going to be able to make this unfortunately. If anyone wants a ticket, let me know. 

That's a shame was hoping to see you and Daisy

I'll be there by 5.30, early finish as I've run out of insulation sheets to chop up, looking forward to it

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

That's a shame was hoping to see you and Daisy

I'll be there by 5.30, early finish as I've run out of insulation sheets to chop up, looking forward to it

Aye bit of a shame. Was looking forward to meeting you in person. Next time. Had a full on day installing an exhaust and getting this fixed. Also chucking it down in Wales

F635892B-B7AF-4A6F-9BD1-59ADD20BA0DF.jpeg

It was great meeting old and new faces, good company and it’s a great venue, worth the 4 hours round trip for me.

Only downside I was frozen, got home and jumped straight into a hot shower then bed, just woke up and now typing at 03.30am!

Hopefully see you all soon, stay safe.

I was struck whilst driving home that the format of Caffeine & Machine is a good one.

I drove by two attractive country pubs that were for sale. My route home took me through several cotswold villages - all the pubs & hotels I passed were dark, closed & empty.

I don't know whether C&M is selling all of its available tickets but the venue was very busy, everybody seemed to be having a drink and/or eating food, and all had paid £10 to get in (was that per car?).

Quite a contrast!

So the business model does, on the face to it, work.

Who's next...?

2 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

I was struck whilst driving home that the format of Caffeine & Machine is a good one.

I drove by two attractive country pubs that were for sale. My route home took me through several cotswold villages - all the pubs & hotels I passed were dark, closed & empty.

I don't know whether C&M is selling all of its available tickets but the venue was very busy, everybody seemed to be having a drink and/or eating food, and all had paid £10 to get in (was that per car?).

Quite a contrast!

Who's next...?

There’s a group of guys down London way looking at setting up a similar venue down south. I’ve discussed doing similar in Wales. The advantage C&M has is the owners contact list. Always buzzing cause he knows a lot of guys with nice cars (including his own collection). And it’s central despite being a bit of a boring drive from some directions. I suspect many will spring up off the back of the C&M success story. 

First visited C and M a few weeks after they opened, we stopped for a snack and drink on our way back from Stratford

Been to 3 evenings, Jap night, German night and now Air Cooled night which have all been enjoyable, not been on the weekend yet but I've hear it's packed out

Think my next visit will be for their Built not Bought evening

I think where C and M win is they are centrally located, everyone I've met working there are super friendly and extremely helpful. £10 entry per car is reasonable, food is good and sensibly priced. 

Haven't built up the courage to take my dawg as it wouldn't make for a good look being dragged face down arm out across the car park but they do like a bit of Canine and Machine too 😎

https://caffeineandmachine.com/canineandmachine/

8 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

Who's next...?

Let’s buy a run down country pub with amble grounds and do our own themed petrol head place......IB and Cake !

2 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

'amble grounds' - love your thinking!

My wife still can't understand that we paid £10 to go to a pub car park.....

You told your good lady that you paid???

Seriously, Mrs P is ok with a once a month meet. Maybe we should mix it up a bit as to which event we go to, air cooled appreciation might be a bit 'samey' after a while.

15 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Really great to get out for a car event and to catch up with you all, when’s the next one?  Thanks for the usual high quality pictures Chris.  Maybe to the Daikoku/JDM event next time or make this one a monthly thing?

I am down the road at Greatworth prepping 914 for HERO summer trial Wednesday 2nd June- may have Jaffa 911 - or come in 914 that’s a Daikoku night - so could be interesting!

Edited by anglophone1

I've only been to C&M once, but I really enjoyed the vibe. Its too far for me to make a weekday evening, though I do note Beaky had a 2 hour drive each way which is not that much further than me. Maybe I am not dedicated enough! Somewhere local to me has set up and I guess aiming for similar, the Motorist at Sherburn in Elmet. Its not quite at C&M level, but it is nice to see places aiming to provide something for the petrolheads.

Just thought I’d say hello on this thread. The white targa booking in to C &M is mine.  I’ve booked for the May event too. Hopefully will see some of you there and be able to have a chat. Should be a warmer night 🤞 

Keith. 

I just got round to washing the car after its trip to C&M, I hit heavy rain for most of the journey back along the M40,  boy was she covered to dirt :o

23 hours ago, njpcarrera32 said:

You told your good lady that you paid???

My wife sometimes doesn't know where I am until she sees me and the car of Facebook!............................

Edited by Beaky

10 hours ago, Nhxfh said:

Just thought I’d say hello on this thread. The white targa booking in to C &M is mine.  I’ve booked for the May event too. Hopefully will see some of you there and be able to have a chat. Should be a warmer night 🤞 

Keith. 

Keith,

You’re more than welcome, we’re a friendly bunch.

On 27/04/2021 at 18:54, World Citizen said:

Going by past sales the prices are usually on the sensible side, more so than more centrally located sales

Some cars hid their rust well in pictures eg Porsche SC Targa and especially the blue Aston Virage which was a rot box and some were much more solid than I was expecting eg the gold Mercedes SEC

Went up for a day out with my son, was like a car show but without the crowds, was very well managed

My son loved this one, it was spot on, would make a perfect 1st classic for him if we had space, the interior was a fantastic example of the 80's, think the rear carpet must have been Labradoodle skin

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1984-mazda-626-glx/

I could quite happily own any of these,

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1990-peugeot-205-16-gti/

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1999-bmw-840-ci-sport-auto/

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/2002-renault-clio-20-sport-172/

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1984-land-rover-88-series-iii-county/

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1997-lexus-ls400-auto/

and even this one

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/un-registered-honda-c90/

Not far for you Ian, I'd 100% recommend having a look at their next sale, they always seem to find some great affordable cars for their classic sales

Couldn't help myself...

I've been outbid on the Honda C90 😪 but pretty sure I've won the Lexus 🤔

Edited by World Citizen

On 01/05/2021 at 12:16, World Citizen said:

Couldn't help myself...

I've been outbid on the Honda C90 😪 but pretty sure I've won the Lexus 🤔

Well, this has got all a bit confusing .....

Had commission bids on both accepted but received an invoice today for a very expensive Honda C90 🤣 and not a reasonably priced Lexus LS400 😟

Defo no mistake from my side, hoping it's just a typo as both lots sold for the same amount and not a mistake on their side meaning I've lost out on the Lexus 🤔