RSR/IROC Serious project

A factory original G chassis no sunroof wide body being converted with no expenses spared to an IROC /RSR

Trying to post some pictures in the relevant section ( should be hot rod section no?) but not letting me.

imagejpg1_zpsb214bfe9.jpg

The engine cost a bucket of gold.

It's a 3.6 coupled to a close ratio 915 box.

Pumps out North of 300bhp.

Let me find you a pic.

A factory original G chassis no sunroof wide body being converted with no expenses spared to an IROC /RSR

Cool project.

I can't see from those pix, but have you recreated the original 3.0RS arch profiles or are they 930?

The car was a barn find. It came factory fitted with those arches and no spoiler. It had a 3.0 engine. YOM is 1974

Apparently it's an original off the shelf wide body non turbo made in small amounts

Porsche certificate of authenticity accompanies it.

I can't find a link but there is a site which states some G models were made in wide body just after the rs stopped being made.

Looks great.

Will be interested whether you keep the ducktail or go for something bigger - I felt the ducktail ended up looking too small once i went wide body.

Have you painted the inner barrels of the wheels black? Having just re-anodised mine, I am thinking about what the right, or alternatively most practical, finish is.

Are SPAX any good? I seem to remember that people where slaughtering them a while ago. Why is he not using a proper roll cage like Nick Moss has on his Orange car?

Are SPAX any good? I seem to remember that people where slaughtering them a while ago. Why is he not using a proper roll cage like Nick Moss has on his Orange car?

And why Goodridge hoses..?

Steady on there fellas.

Spax are OK, but I think I would prefer Koni or Bilstein. The cage looks like my OMP one without door bars (its OK, but nothing special) and why not use goodrich hoses if you are replacing 30 yr old rubber hoses.

sorry Shawna, it is the "no expenses spared" who has confused me. I guess the owner does the very best with what he can afford, which is already a million time better that what I can play with! :banghead:

Fia OMP cage what's wrong with it?

Its bolt in and bolt together

No diagonal in the main hoop

No harness bar

Rear legs attached to the relatively weak firewall

No door bars

No knee bar

No roof diagonal

etc

But, like I said, I have the same but with door bars

Cool car Shawna, nice little project. Gonna spill the beans on the powerplant?

Why not use HEL which are all stainless steel...

FWIW I'm pretty sure the new Goodridge hoses are all stainless.