BB’s ex RB 3.2 Hot Rod

More flipping polishing. Final wipe down then two coats of feynlab ceramic. To be honest, I’ve really enjoyed it. I’d say maybe 15 or so hours of work. Car looking so much cleaner. Bet I’ve gained a bit of slipperiness too eh WC? Lol 

1F13687E-67E7-4FB1-8A2E-D3930685F180.jpeg

EC34F1E4-4E0C-4787-A503-74C0EAED5681.jpeg

DC6CBEE4-714A-459E-87DC-566365A72CC0.jpeg

I guess it must be about 10 years since the full repaint.  Do you have the massive history file I gave to Alex?  There are lots of large bills from the past in there.

The stuff that is wrong - the roof was warped a little when the sunroof delete panel went in and the stickers on each side are different.  Now that you know, you will look at it and go "oh yeah".  It also has an early drivers door without the side impact bar - for extra LW.  

20 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

I guess it must be about 10 years since the full repaint.  Do you have the massive history file I gave to Alex?  There are lots of large bills from the past in there.

The stuff that is wrong - the roof was warped a little when the sunroof delete panel went in and the stickers on each side are different.  Now that you know, you will look at it and go "oh yeah".  It also has an early drivers door without the side impact bar - for extra LW.  

I do have the file Richard. Its really interesting reading. You must have spent a small fortune on the car over the years. 

Ahh the roof bump, yup, spotted that when I first had the car. Stickers. Nope, straight past me that one. Drivers door, no idea lol. 

It's looking tip top now with a bit of ceramic on it and with all the stone chips filled in. Luckily, exact same shade of red as my Targa (which I have a tin of paint for left over from the restoration a few years back). Already have my mate Al's Cayman in the workshop for a polish and ceramic. This could be my new gig! lol 

Honestly love your work with this car. It's just perfect at what it does. I look at it and think it could do with a few more ponies sometimes but then again, I'm probably only using 70% of the car as it stands. It can carry so much corner speed. A few track lessons might be a far better investment for me. Plus it looks cool as ****! lol Found myself watching Doc's Peloton video again the other day just to see the car take some hairpins and on full chat from the outside. #Saddo 

What I need in the collection now is a Guards red Boxster Spyder and my porsche life will almost be complete. Until the GT3 rolls in ;) 

2 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Haith, can you PM me your email address please? Trying to send you messages via IB but it says you can't receive.

Hiya. Sure, can do. Thanks for letting me know. I've just deleted a pile of message threads in my inbox so should be good now. 

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I miss my 964 😪 enjoyed many amazing miles in it all over Europe from the Spanish Pyrenees to the Julian Alps

Really need to get driving it again ☹️

BB, your car sounds absolutely lovely 😍

Thanks Stephen. You should get back out in her. How's the building work coming along? 

11 hours ago, Busybee said:

Thanks Stephen. You should get back out in her. How's the building work coming along? 

I know, I know, only needs an MOT and service, just haven't got the time to do it

Building work has ground to a halt, need to update my shed thread with some pitiful progress

22 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I know, I know, only needs an MOT and service, just haven't got the time to do it

Building work has ground to a halt, need to update my shed thread with some pitiful progress

Ahh that’s a bugger. If you mot it and service it I bet you’ll find the occasional hour to get a blast in. Getting it road ready is the key. Are you coming to the Alps in June? 

6 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Ahh that’s a bugger. If you mot it and service it I bet you’ll find the occasional hour to get a blast in. Getting it road ready is the key. Are you coming to the Alps in June? 

Still too much stone, beams, general building stuff lying around for me to get it into my unfinished cave, would love to have it home as I have a few lightweight bits to fit

Would love to join in, especially as RB puts on such a good trip but I'm afraid I won't be this time

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

You are a lucky ****** because you’ve made your own luck, enjoy it 😎👍

Every morning I wake up I think what a lucky ******* I am 🥳

Thanks WC. Yup. We are lucky dudes doing what we enjoy alright. 🎉👍