Bigger SSI (part 2)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes indeed, there was an earlier thread on those, however I think they require the use of their own Eisenmann silencer, ie a 2in-1out Dansk is incompatible

Oops. Missed that.

But yes, with the Eisenmann you need to buy the entire system (and cannot combine with components from other exhaust manufacturers).

Out of curiosity, would the (bigger bore) Dansk/SSI work with the heating system of a Carrera 3.2 or would it need to be backdated?

I *think* SSIs mandate backdating heat on a 3.2, regardless of primary size, but it’s been several years since I fitted mine (and backdated heat)

Maybe someone else can confirm.

I think that the SSI/Dansk version weighs less, but the Eisenmann version works with the stock Carrera 3.2 heating system. Price is almost exactly the same. So if the SSI/Dansk also works with the stock heating system they would seem to be the obvious choice (at least for me)...

Edited by Teme

I tried to link photos in the above post, but for some reason they are not showing. Hopefully they are on this post (the pics are from Pelicanparts). Anyway, to me it looks that the secondaries are not in the same position between the two. The one on top is the Eisenmann system.

F3F57D2F-5181-469F-871A-DC047BFDB6BB.jpeg

EDFBC56F-A9BD-4296-81EE-E962BF0D334C.jpeg

Edited by Teme

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, WP0ZZZ said:

I know this is an old thread but do you have any news on these?

If you have Instagram, just do a search for SSI and it comes up with their page.

Apparently prototypes have been produced now.

Regards

Russ

21 hours ago, Rustybum said:

If you have Instagram, just do a search for SSI and it comes up with their page.

Apparently prototypes have been produced now.

Aha! That must be where I had seen it recently. I didn't remember.

For those not on Instagram, this is from 22 January: "Hi guys. Hope you are all staying safe. We got the first 41mm prototypes send out for testing and we are working on new SSI projects, so stay tuned. We just want to show you a special tool we got from John back in the days. It’s an alignment tool for our big flange. Once in place in the jig to the last mm. Then they are hammered so the header tube expands in the flange - and trust us, it is stuck for good."

• 9 months later...

I got in contact with the sales manager at JP Group (Dansk/SSI) and below is what he told me at the end of September:

These are announced and are also in development/production and are expected to be ready for sale during the Q4 2021 if everything is going well, as unfortunately due to the world wide pandemic there is so much delay – also on the deliveries for raw-material for production. But we stay in the hope.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Out of curiosity Matt,   What makes them “CIS or Carbs” only,  

I know the flanges are thinner than 3.2 ones,  but aren’t they just exhaust manifolds at the end of the day.