Wheel arch liners

GimmeShelter

Before I request/take any money, is there a minimum number of units that we need to order from the manufacturer, need to ensure we have the numbers.

On 15/05/2021 at 12:01, Beaky said:

Before I request/take any money, is there a minimum number of units that we need to order from the manufacturer, need to ensure we have the numbers.

They prefer to cut in sets of 5, because that makes the material the ideal thickness for the cutting machine (which is water jet).  So if we were to get ten sets of narrow body and five sets of wide body, say, that would work well.  If we have fewer people commit, I could probably persuade them to cut as few as five sets (of either narrow or wide), if it came to it.

I spoke to the guys at Riviera Autobody, and they're prepared to take one or two sets of wide body liners if we need them to make up the numbers, on the basis that they'll probably use them one day.

For some reason when I tried to send a PM the forum says I can only post 0 times per day???  

David.

Performance EngiNerding

Edited by Reclino
Typo

On 21/05/2021 at 13:56, JohnTurbo said:

Please put me down for a set if its possible - whatever body width an 1982 SC is?

The SC is narrow-bodied.  Wide-bodied means the 930 turbo, or the ST, etc., and any cars where people have fitted those wings/arches.

Edited by GimmeShelter

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going back a few years now a kind soul offered to make up some templates and had small batch run off locally then distributed them pretty much at cost, an exercise that's been repeated at random since. If you search on the forum there are a few threads detailing their fitment. 

"Hello I'm new here just saw this form trying to get ahold of some wheel archers for my 86  911 how do I go about seeing how they look and what's the price Thank you"

If you go to page 3 of this thread, you'll see a photo of the liners.  They're cut from flat 2mm polypropylene.  I re-did the templates when I organised the group buy that is the subject of this thread, and I've offered to help anyone who wants to run another group buy.  (It's quite an effort, collecting money off everyone who wants a set, paying the manufacturer, getting them cut, sorting them into sets of four and despatching them.)  They tend to work out at about £130 or so per set.  Might be a bit more, given the way materials prices have gone lately!

Edited by GimmeShelter
Struggling to work the quote functionality

• 2 months later...

If anyone wants a set, I have some along with enough rubber edging trim to go around all of them. £120 with the trim. Collection preferred as they would a bugger to post I am sure.  I am in Stock, Essex.  Cheers.