New project has landed !!! (Ford OSI)

After literally years trying to find the right body shop to prep this car, it is finally back with me, freshly painted and ready for me to crack on and rebuild it to its former glory.

The transporter bringing it back for me from France did create a bit of a stir in our industrial estate today 🤣 😀

379579F5-36A5-46E6-A906-A5D054B96D01.thumb.JPG.f15eee33fa9fc43115d2138f433e75dd.JPG

31B89D92-773D-4BC5-8737-70E5721B212A.thumb.JPEG.dd91b88d201fea5285fde06ca781af45.JPEG

E0091638-8D96-4B6C-9CD7-DB8861C5524A.thumb.JPEG.c08948e9360fb226e9172d95532bc062.JPEG

Let battle begin....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, longman said:

Ford OSI 😉

Showing off with your knowledge of classics there 😉

Colour is actually a Ferrari one from the 60s so in line with the car (even if not original) which I eventually settled on after many attempts... 

16 minutes ago, fxm911 said:

Showing off with your knowledge of classics there 😉

Colour is actually a Ferrari one from the 60s so in line with the car (even if not original) which I eventually settled on after many attempts... 

I only know as I follow you on Facetube Franck 😂 looks fantastic 

• Haha 2

Looks fantastic, although I must confess that I’d not heard of this model. I see it had a 2.0 or 2.3 litre V6. Is this the Cologne motor that was in the German Capris?  I ran a German 2.0S for a couple of years with this engine; rare here and quite interesting if a little less BHP than the UK market pinto.

Nice. 

David

Nice! Certainly a million times better than the Taunus it is based on! I guess with it being a Ford, parts to rebuild should at least be easier to come by although not trim!

Never knew until I started googling that OSI stood for “Industrial Stamping Workshops”. Not quite the same Italianate flare to it as the TLA 😋

1 hour ago, Wingnonut said:

Nice! Certainly a million times better than the Taunus it is based on! I guess with it being a Ford, parts to rebuild should at least be easier to come by although not trim!

Never knew until I started googling that OSI stood for “Industrial Stamping Workshops”. Not quite the same Italianate flare to it as the TLA 😋

Some parts are ok but some are ultra rare and hard to come by (loads of exotic Italian parts on this so price tags are high when you manage to get them). Fortunately my car came with loads of spares (bought 1 and 1/2 car in fact).

OSI stands for Officine Stampaggi Industriali 😉

10 hours ago, flatsix777 said:

Looks fantastic, although I must confess that I’d not heard of this model. I see it had a 2.0 or 2.3 litre V6. Is this the Cologne motor that was in the German Capris?  I ran a German 2.0S for a couple of years with this engine; rare here and quite interesting if a little less BHP than the UK market pinto.

Nice. 

David

Hi David, yes, they came with the Cologne V6 2.0 or 2.3 and I am lucky as mine is the 2.3 so a little more power than your 2.0 (albeit not that much and this is a BIG car to power)

Not surprised you had not heard of it, even most Ford hardcore fans have not heard of it (never sold in the UK). Only about 2200 were built and it would seems that only short of 200 remain (most of them rotting somewhere although they have recently gathered a big following so more are being put back to former glory)

Edited by fxm911

• johndglynn changed the title to New project has landed !!! (Ford OSI)
1 minute ago, johndglynn said:

Mega - for a second I thought it was the truck and got super excited...

I did try to keep the truck as well but driver just I did not have the room to keep it 😄

You should have seen it, thing was just a feast of engineering with rear half extending to reduce angle to unload and all the beds inside are on hydraulics so everything can be adjusted so suit cars (must be worth an absolute fortune !!!). 
Mind you considering the cars they deliver around Europe they need something like this (had just came back from Italy delivering 3 historic Formula 1 !!)

Wow, that looks stunning already but from a quick google it is only going to get better!!

I must admit to not knowing about this particular car - I hold me head down in shame.

Have fun building it up!

I hope Franck doesn't mind me posting this.

I approached Franck when I saw his post as I have been looking for a full restoration project to showcase one of my car photography offerings.

I'm delighted to say that Franck is going to allow me to visit and document the progress, and hopefully allow me to do a full shoot when it is finished.

So looking forward to visiting!

47 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

I hope Franck doesn't mind me posting this.

I approached Franck when I saw his post as I have been looking for a full restoration project to showcase one of my car photography offerings.

I'm delighted to say that Franck is going to allow me to visit and document the progress, and hopefully allow me to do a full shoot when it is finished.

So looking forward to visiting!

No worries about posting this 😉 

Work has started and some parts on already (but not much don't worry, still plenty to sort out, clean etc etc)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phill said:

I hope that doesn't mean we won't get a build blog here?

Hi Phill

Absolutely not - I will certainly share what I shoot on here. Up to Franck what he posts but he'll be welcome to use my images.

It'll probably get over-exposed rather than under-exposed! (Pun intended).