IB Bikers: show your toys

• 2 months later...

Just bought this from ebay, blind!

Seriously under valued by the seller, it needs nothing except a good wash and polish, although I may paint the frame, forks and swingarm.

It came with so many spares I needed a van to collect them.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Zoomed up to the Fens to see how my scoot was progressing and it's looking good. The Perla saddle Mark bought for the bike got thrown in the trash because it didn't follow the lines from the tank to the rear fender which means Marky boy is going to have to make one. We mocked up the controls and bars to ensure I could reach every thing and that's were we are at. Quick pic :-

CF scoot.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ignatzcatz said:

Sincerely hope the weather gets a whole lot better for that first ride.

Thanks.

The photo is from 2017 before the bike was imported. 

Since arriving in the UK it has sat in a private collection and is currently a non-runner. It’s only covered 8000 miles in 41 years.

Hopefully it just needs the carbs cleaning and priming. I see the long BH weekend as a challenge full of late nights and plenty of cursing. 

• 2 weeks later...

'81 Ducati Pantah 600SL.  Recently imported from Germany and currently on a Nova while I get everything working again ready for its MOT and UK registration.  Then off to paint to take it back to its original colour scheme although I don't plan to do restoration as such.

IMG_20210501_184415280 - Copy.jpg

$_57 (1) - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

that looks really cool in orange and black :cool:  whats the weight of it? The 80's bikes look perfectly retro now with the boxy bodywork. I fancy an enduro/Dakar style 80's bike

one of these will do nicely:-

2095272479_GuzziDakarscrambler.thumb.jpg.498742e1bd2942ae2b51dcee3739f5da.jpg

Edited by MarkJ

Mark, have you thought about an NTX for a bigger dose of the Dakar look?

If you can't find one, there will be a nice Yamaha Tenere with fresh powder coating available soon.

I need more of  a project and I also want a KLR650 C for running around.

ntx 650.jpg

8 hours ago, MarkJ said:

that looks really cool in orange and black :cool:  whats the weight of it? The 80's bikes look perfectly retro now with the boxy bodywork. I fancy an enduro/Dakar style 80's bike

one of these will do nicely:-

2095272479_GuzziDakarscrambler.thumb.jpg.498742e1bd2942ae2b51dcee3739f5da.jpg

My era, so I'm probably a bit biased - but I agree with you! 🙂 In old money, just under 400 pounds dry. So not a big bike. A 650 version of the Pantah engine was the one in the Cagiva Elefant referenced in your article. 

21 hours ago, hagarep said:

Mark, have you thought about an NTX for a bigger dose of the Dakar look?

If you can't find one, there will be a nice Yamaha Tenere with fresh powder coating available soon.

I need more of  a project and I also want a KLR650 C for running around.

ntx 650.jpg

Hello I could be interested in the Tenere, how much are you looking for please? 

22 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

ooh very nice. Shame its 7.5k though guess its a collectors bike now

It does look v.tasty in the Luck strike paint.  Mind you, I probably couldn't get on it - the seat height is a full 7.5cm taller than my Pantah! Problem of being an aged short arrrr5e!!

This 900 looks better value though - same dimensions I think - https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/cagiva/elefant-900/7736964/

• 2 months later...
On 09/06/2021 at 00:41, jehatwhitland said:

'81 Ducati Pantah 600SL.  Recently imported from Germany and currently on a Nova while I get everything working again ready for its MOT and UK registration.  Then off to paint to take it back to its original colour scheme although I don't plan to do restoration as such.

IMG_20210501_184415280 - Copy.jpg

$_57 (1) - Copy.jpg

Since the bike isn't very original, I decided that instead of restoring it to stock, I would keep it modified and improve it.  Therefore, decided to get the bike repainted as an homage to Tony Rutter's 1981 F2 TT winning bike, itself a modified 600cc Pantah.  Some pics of the real bike and the new paint attached. Also had the helmet done to match by Michael at Rage Designs in Warrington. 

The helmet and the rear of the seat pic are pre-laquer but the one of the lower part of the fairing shows the final finish. Will post some finished pics of the helmet once I pick everything up.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-25 at 14.53.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 16.17.49 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 16.17.49.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-27 at 10.26.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-27 at 10.26.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-27 at 10.26.40.jpeg

Rutter.jpg

slinn_foto_135.jpg

198135.jpg

no 8 TR IOM 1.jpg

tony-rutter-sports-motor-cycle-ducati-14469209.jpg

tr_duke_3.jpg