Bicester Scramble Jan 10th 2021

Chris_911

I bought mine with the intention of taking a mate. Turns out he's busy...... MAY have one spare, now who would I like to share a car with.... 😉

Edited by Chris T
spellkupup

Tickets are still available but I'm going to give it a miss. Reading the guidance it seems the parking will be in one area and no cars around the buildings. I don't fancy wearing a mask the whole time either. I hope it will be better than I think it will be, for you guys, and the weather doesn't spoil it more than COVID has already. I don't like the "new normal" :(.

• 2 weeks later...

No reason why it should be cancelled. Tier 3 rules:

Venues which can remain open

The following outdoor venue can remain open:

• outdoor tourism and entertainment venues can remain open subject to following the relevant rules and guidelines
  • outdoor cinemas, theatres and concert venues can remain open for drive-in only, but must close at 11pm, other than for the purposes of concluding a performance which began before 10pm
  • outdoor events, such as funfairs can continue to happen in line with COVID-secure guidance – other than large outdoor performance events (performances, shows and screenings), which must be drive-in only
  • leisure and sports facilities may continue to stay open, but group exercise classes (including fitness and dance) should not go ahead
  • retail premises may open, other than shops situated inside closed premises that cannot be accessed directly from the street – retail premises within accommodation may also stay open

That's assuming that the situation in January will remain the same as now. I hear that NI will be in a six week lockdown from Boxing Day and I fear something similar may follow after Christmas here too (although I hope not!).

19 hours ago, Lesworth said:

I am not booking any tickets for any events for the foreseeable future given the fluidity of what's happening at the moment.

Why not? If they get canned then you get a refund.

Got to have something to look forward too!