The End of my IB

Dr Rock

3 hours ago, SP72 said:

I recall when contemplating ClassicLine last year, their TandCs  state they will cover non-genuine (or used) parts to repair the car - is this the case?

The reason I stuck with Lockton/Chubb as they state use of new genuine parts are covered

Not exactly , this would normally apply when the parts are no longer available from the maker, obviously very common on many classic cars. Porsche are exceptional in so much that the vast majority of parts are still obtainable, albeit at a price. the reference I believe you are making is to the section headed

Parts that are not available
If a replacement for any damaged accessory or part of your car is
not available, the most we will pay is its price (as specified by the manufacturer) at the time of the loss. We will not pay more than the cost of the accessory or part as shown in the manufacturer’s last price list in the United Kingdom.
We may decide to repair your car with parts which have not been made or supplied by your car’s manufacturer, but which are of a similar standard”

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Roy M said:

Not sure if you're after a stop gap Fraser but I know you like these  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F383016385453

Already got one and this one is on the watch list....keep up @ the back ;)

Unbelievably late to this thread, haven’t been on here till recently - hope all unfolding for you ok - glad that you survived unscathed, having just sold mine after owning for a similar length of time (slightly less miles - 50,000 compared to your 74,000), I wish you well!
How’s the insurance process coming along?

• 2 weeks later...

frazzle baby,

Just logging onto onto the forum after many months and I’m shocked at reading the news. I can still remember the day on a winters December that you presented the car at the pub in Ravenshead, notts, with Nige, Sladey, Ian et all. Is it worthwhile to get a transit and rent/borrow a trailer and recover it yourself?

Fingers crossed it’ll all come good.... 

Kind regards,

bert

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Only just stumbled across this thread.... so sorry to hear Frazer! 😞 Hopefully all has progressed since? 

I only recently started to hear about ethanol issues with fuel lines. Got me thinking and at the moment I'm pulling a small number of bits apart to sort a cold start issue - WUR pressures tests etc!

I'm new to air-cooled 911s but noticed most of my fuel lines are steel - distributor, cold start valve etc.

The only flexi hoses (two I think) are the original looking ones between chassis and engine - so fuel filter delivering to the engine and the corresponding return.

Are these usually affected? Mine look as tough as old boots on inspection and pretty strong walls when trying to pinch them. 

Best regards,

Neil   

• johndglynn changed the title to The End of my IB
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Bob said:

Hi Fraser. Soo sorry to see the what you went through but it seems I’ve taken on the task of bringing her back to life….

Good job i saw your post on fb ,nice job done on it;-)..you are lucky it has a beast for an engine in it.....

Ivan

Just now, proporsche said:

Good job i saw your post on fb ,nice work done on it;-)..you are lucky it has a beast for an engine in it.....

Ivan

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, proporsche said:

Good job i saw your post on fb ,nice job done on it;-)..you are lucky it has a beast for an engine in it.....

Ivan

My mechanic said it has some crazy cams!!!

Just now, Bob said:

The engine was stripped and rebuilt just to make sure there was no damage and luckily enough everything was ok.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, proporsche said:

Ivan

I'll confirm that too, Fraser never struggled keeping up with my stripped out 964 climbing mountain passes

Bob, welcome, thanks for resurrecting this car from it's ashes

Lot of updates please, this car has been to more countries than the rest of the cars on this board put together so well worth saving

• Like 2

19 hours ago, proporsche said:

Ivan

260hp, 230 torques and 161mph vmax.

18 hours ago, Bob said:

993SS from John Dougherty.

• Like 1