Chuffin' Ada, someone's nicked me engine...

...and gearbox. Which means the car now has Paris Dakar ride height and I can't drive it :banghead:

However, it does mean we got ourselves an engine build thread :cool:

IMG_9495_zpsc9278ff6.jpg

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oooo! Let us know the reason for the rebuild, mileage, etc?

Needs a clutch. :rolleyes:

And you know how it is, while one is in there....tinware, sensors, heat exchangers/backbox etc...

3.8, 11:1, twin plug, cams, throttle bodies,etc????

Ha! D Ream on.

Lots of balancing, cams, conrods, extrude hone the intake manifolds and *maybe * twin plug, if the pistons get changed for 10.5:1 items. *If* they need to be changed. Might get the heads drilled and tapped for twin plugs while they are off. Part of me is hoping the pistons and barrels need replacing, but I'd be surprised if they did.

And that'll be about it. Umming and ahhing over the gearbox, but there's nowt wrong with it and it's not one of those fragile, boutique 915's...

Hang on a sec...am I missing something here ( like an "in joke" ) or something ? How come no one has asked about the circumstances with regard to its theft ?

it does mean we got ourselves an engine build thread :cool:

Fear ye not RW - the engine and 'box are at the garage being stripped down. They are just not in the car, where they should be.

Edited by Dr Rock

Nice - Who is doing the rebuild - Chris Sargent?

Correctamundo SP. :signs85:

Cool -see you for a dyno rerun at evolveMS sometime soon :)

Saying that after my last hub based dyno run at Parr, I may need to rebadge mine as an SC .....

Cool -see you for a dyno rerun at evolveMS sometime soon :)

Mmm, torques is what I'm after though, along with drivability and fuel economy for those long trips I keep doing: not chasing headline HP.