Tripe's Homemade SC Speedster

Tripe

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You cut off your quote too early and missed the important bit..........'these don't do what we wanted them to do and they are totally ghey'

Nice one - that's my TwinSpark blog column for Sunday sorted :D

Good link Al, thanks mate ;)

Tripe

I had a modena race shifter same as yours in my race car for quite a few years and they are quite a good piece of kit. They were originally designed by Modena in Australia to work with the dogbox conversion on 915 boxes. If you are planning on using it with a normal 915 then you need to slightly modify it to all the fore/aft movement to be a little bit bigger.

Michael

Thanks for that Michael. Boydy said he used it all last season in his racecar and it was good, but that it needed to be used with a decent 'box to get the best out of it.

Some more newly acquired tasteless bling for you lot to rip the pi$$ out of :P

minilites001Medium.jpg

minilites001Medium.jpg

I love the wheels - except for one minor but obvious, jarring flaw: the bolt holes cutting into the spokes.

Perkles - you could sell those extended gear knobs for good money if you fancied running off a few. I would buy one drilled or undrilled just because of the extension in length if it fit a G50 shaft (this topic is definitely getting ghey...). Its on my list, but I can't justify the full Wevo G50 set up.

How heavy? He's had to hold it down with some car keys...

Some more newly acquired tasteless bling for you lot to rip the pi$$ out of :P

minilites001Medium.jpg

Nothing but :ani_clapping: here. Want some

Edited by Al_W

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't resist sharing these pics. The legend that is Barry Carter is currently in the process of fabricating some dash panels for this project. Plan is for a minimalist dash fascia painted body colour. He's restoring on an early S in his workshop so this has been 'borrowed' to use as a pattern for the panels.

fascia1.jpg

fascia2.jpg

The legend that is Barry Carter is currently in the process of fabricating some dash panels for this project.

That is cool.

How long was the waiting list for Barry?

"It has been said that a shed is to a man what a handbag is to a woman"

Tea - no waiting time as such. One of my trips last summer ended up at Barry's and whilst the kids were busy trashing his boat I asked him if he fancied the job. Reckon he might have said yes just so we would call off the rampage. He's a bit tight for space so can only work on one car at a time but he's able to fit a little job like this around the bread and butter stuff.

Couldn't resist sharing these pics. The legend that is Barry Carter is currently in the process of fabricating some dash panels for this project. Plan is for a minimalist dash fascia painted body colour. He's restoring on an early S in his workshop so this has been 'borrowed' to use as a pattern for the panels.

fascia1.jpg

fascia2.jpg

That already looks fabtabulous :ani_clapping:

Ben 1: the original SC engine will be stripped down whilst the car's out ofthe garage, currently considering rebuild options. CIS will go.

Ben 2: ignition switch, hazard switch and headlight switches to the right of the steering column. Not planning any creature comforts.

Anyone know if pre IB clocks (namely fuel/oil and pressure/temp) are easy to wire into an SC loom? I know the tacho and speedo are pretty much incompatible, we have other plans for those.

Ben 1: the original SC engine will be stripped down whilst the car's out ofthe garage, currently considering rebuild options. CIS will go.

Ben 2: ignition switch, hazard switch and headlight switches to the right of the steering column. Not planning any creature comforts.

Anyone know if pre IB clocks (namely fuel/oil and pressure/temp) are easy to wire into an SC loom? I know the tacho and speedo are pretty much incompatible, we have other plans for those.

I think you are going to need a rear fog switch somewhere for the MOT as they don't pass it without one (unless the car pre-dates the need for one)

Can't wait to see this finished.