BB’s ex RB 3.2 Hot Rod

Just now, Dr Rock said:

You can do donuts in the hotel car park...:rlol:

Mate, I can do about a dozen doughnuts just about anywhere! 

2 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Congrats Haith! Didn’t see that one coming!

Thanks Shirish. Lusted after yours, not for sale so I found RB's. 

4 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Thanks Shirish. Lusted after yours, not for sale so I found RB's. 

Surprised it took so long to find a buyer - I’ve got a couple of days off early Aug ... 🤔

Just now, SP72 said:

Surprised it took so long to find a buyer - I’ve got a couple of days off early Aug ... 🤔

Think the price dropped quite a bit from last year plus the logistics of getting it from Paris. Only so many nutters like me about. 

Mate, we should deffo go for a drive in August. I'm not saying I can keep up but the odds are better 😂

18 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

congrats Busybee, glad to hear the car is back amongst us, sure you will have a blast in it :)

Thank Mark. Really looking forward to learning how to drive it. Different machine altogether from a standard IB. 

16 minutes ago, Mondrian said:

Congrats BB, now you have a proper 911 too.

Lol cheers 👌 ... and I got my pole positions! 

Having been in touch with Haith for a bit now this is no surprise.  We have swapped lots of PMs and hopefully I have given a good steer on why it's great car.  Personally, I couldn't be happier that the car is back in the UK with a clearly enthusiastic owner and that it is lined up for next year's trip :) 

BB congrats, this has made my day!! I'm so glad that Richards old car has gone to a good home AND within the IB fraternity. It's been the most influence in my current build :D :D

1 hour ago, SilverWT said:

:signs118:   :ani_clapping: :ani_clapping: :ani_clapping:

We'll have to get you on a track day now

Mark

Thanks Mark. Look forward to that. Lot to learn that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, GrahamTompkins said:

Wow, that’s a good hit there Haith...obviously burning the candle at both ends on this bad boy .😉

Cheers Graham. 😂👍

1 hour ago, jevvy said:

New car = post some pics!

Nice purchase haith ;)

Cheers Jevvy. I flipping love it. Photos... 

1 hour ago, Richard Bernau said:

Having been in touch with Haith for a bit now this is no surprise.  We have swapped lots of PMs and hopefully I have given a good steer on why it's great car.  Personally, I couldn't be happier that the car is back in the UK with a clearly enthusiastic owner and that it is lined up for next year's trip :) 

Thanks so much for your help and advice Richard. Invaluable. The car is a credit to you. Took a friend out for a spin this morning and we both came back grinning like Cheshire cats. What 911’s are all about! Besotted with the car already. Looking forward to meeting you and having a beer or two 👍

1 hour ago, Sidewaysfun said:

BB congrats, this has made my day!! I'm so glad that Richards old car has gone to a good home AND within the IB fraternity. It's been the most influence in my current build :D :D

Thanks mate. It’s truly a stunning car and I’ll cherish it, spoil it and give it a good thrashing occasionally 👍👍👍

A397AB50-671A-4429-88F4-96D8D009E37C.jpeg

64F39C03-594A-4E0E-BA6D-D0196E526CD3.jpeg

3A7F121F-BEF7-4388-A06F-087F9E48FADA.jpeg

E7FFCFC5-04E6-4002-BBEC-C93F6C2A4A4D.jpeg

0D92165F-9FC2-4C76-A243-E848D1F233BB.jpeg

EDD8A96D-821B-4451-892F-14301F2766DA.jpeg

1 minute ago, MarkJ said:

What back box is the car running now? Is it still married up to a set of TT headers? 

Im thinking of getting a new sports box :)

Same TT system with the mini heat exchangers RB put on her. Twin out box. Sounds epic Mark. Even at tick over! Lol. Found this clip on YouTube 

2A494612-E021-4B70-8C7B-5788D66DC9CE.jpeg

So fellas. I am Spartacus!
After looking at this car last year when Alex first put it up for sale, this time round I thought what the hell. Only live once. I'm the new owner of RB's old car.
Flew to Paris Saturday morning in sweltering heat, met Alex, test drive, concluded the deal and drove her back to Wales. Left home 6am, arrived back home at nearly 2am. Motorway in France perfect, here, closures, delays, jams. C'est la vie. 
What a machine! Still pinching myself as she sounds so damn good and goes round corners so damn well. As you know, I have to name my cars. It's a tradition. Pet name is Daisy Duke ([emoji849]) but I like calling her ASBO. 
First impression is she's in a different performance and handling league from my stock IB's. Thanks Richard. Sounds incredible. Raw! That's probably the best word to describe her. It just wants to rev and it digs in in the corners. Richard tells me its the diff that makes it handle so well. Well it goes round corners well alright! lol 
First step is to get a full service done and some new tyres. Then I want to learn how to drive this machine. It's going to be a blast! 

Bloody hell Haith - I was reading about that French British fellas full on love story then bish bash bosh - the cars for sale, he was a fine story teller for sure.
I was in Llandovery last Sunday shoulda coulda had a coffee and look see - let's catchup before the nights draw in.
Nice toy

Flappa2

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, flappa2 said:

Bloody hell Haith - I was reading about that French British fellas full on love story then bish bash bosh - the cars for sale, he was a fine story teller for sure.
I was in Llandovery last Sunday shoulda coulda had a coffee and look see - let's catchup before the nights draw in.
Nice toy

Flappa2

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike. Let’s do that 👍

7 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Awesome buy BB, good for you, it loves Alpine mountains and so will you, hope you have many enjoyable miles of fun

Thanks WC. Very kind of you 👍

19 minutes ago, swift911 said:

Wow Haith, that's a brilliant purchase, can't wait to see it in the flesh. Here's to our next run out.

Thanks Bob. We’ll deffo have to do another run soon. What’s happened to Dr Fox? AWOL! Lol 

1 minute ago, ALEX P said:

Good work Haith, lots of fun times ahead in that car & nice to have it back in the UK.

Hope it hasn't picked up a silly accent after its extended holiday!

Thanks Alex. Few days in and I’m loving it already. Listen very carefully, I will say this only once 🇫🇷 😂