Escalation is... Aston Martin V12 Vantage

10 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Is she washing her minge in the sink? 

I think @Busybee has been keeping the naughty step warm for you :)

Ooops, sorry Jev

I miss read the thread title, didn't have my reading glasses on 🤔 thought the 's' was a 'ja' and the first 'a' was a 'u'

Mods, please remove the picture 😏

Edited by World Citizen

Beautiful, a friend had one of the original Vanquish S’s, the noise of the V12 was intoxicating and so bloody quick.

It was only let down but some of the Ford sourced switch gear, but you quickly gloss over that👍😜

Cheers chaps - its been an interesting afternoon.

I was nervous today, not just the driving bit, but also dealign with the expenditure.  Thankfully, the salesman was in fact ok and not full of BS but the last  time I spent just over this sort of money (2000), a mortgage was involved and i bought a 2 bed flat!  .

First thoughts:

• Its squat - short in length (4.4m), but as wide as the XJR. 
  • Placing the car is tricky - visibility of the front corners is poor, but made a bit easier by the seat mounts for the fixed back Recaro being electrically adjustable for height etc.
  • The gear lever is a ridiculous shape - too big and bulky and slightly too far back.  
  • Gear Shift and clutch mechanism is slick however, even if i only jumped from 2 - 4 - 6
  • Sport mode - opens up the exhaust flaps, bumps up the revs and sharpens the throttle response.  The exhaust is fairly quiet on the inside - noticeable but not obnoxious, even in sport mode.  I’ve been told a secondary decat is available from the dealer and keeps warranty in place.
  • The engine  - I rarely left 5th or 6th - it pulls from 1200 rpm in top and when the salesman was driving, hits 7k with so much ease - certainly revs quicker than the old IB.  The intake noise sounds other worldly.  Power to weight is approx 25 over the old IB and It shifts well for its weight.  The IB throttle response felt sharper though.
  • Tyres - PZero Corsa - need care below 7 deg C - tempted to fit Michelin PS4 As they are quieter but the Pzeros have plenty of tread and kinda suit the car.
  • Brakes - CCMs all round, good feel from cold which surprised me.   Expensive option to replace (10k ish new, although refurb discs are available from Germany for about 4K - rebrake.de)

Lots of new things to learn and lots to un-learn - using the high gears and 420 lbft to shift the 1650kg is the order of the day when burbling along.

Ive got a week off the week after next, so will be hoping for some decent weather and to find some decent roads. 

Unfortunately, it will need to go to storage for a while but hoping AFlux insurance will cover it to be parked on the driveway overnight (unlike the IB).

A7AEC43E-8F83-4B5F-A9A8-95BE16603A27.jpeg

13 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Ooops, sorry Jev

I miss read the thread title, didn't have my reading glasses on 🤔 thought the 's' was a 'ja' and the first 'a' was a 'u'

Mods, please remove the picture 😏

:D

11 hours ago, SP72 said:

Power to weight is approx 25 over the old IB and It shifts well for its weight.

Was that one of your selection criteria? Would be for me :)

41 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Was that one of your selection criteria? Would be for me :)

Absolutely - tried to explain this to the Mrs as part justification for the expenditure - all I got was a 🙄.

The V8S was about the same as the IB. 

13 hours ago, Beaky said:

Beautiful, a friend had one of the original Vanquish S’s, the noise of the V12 was intoxicating and so bloody quick.

Yes, that is probably my favourite Beaks, both in terms of looks and sound.  

I did contemplate a DBS which in semi-auto mode would have been the same price as the V12V, but it’s a biiiig car, and belies the on-paper size difference.

29 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Yes, that is probably my favourite Beaks, both in terms of looks and sound.  

I did contemplate a DBS which in semi-auto mode would have been the same price as the V12V, but it’s a biiiig car, and belies the on-paper size difference.

Semi-autos are a pig in traffic, the Vanquish had the box seen to on several occasions, I believe the manual is the best box for this generation of Aston.

Keys please :rolleyes: